Jillian. Our Jilly Bean is sitting up by herself, although she still sometimes folds in half when she gets tired. And we are starting to see more and more of her personality. For example, she is very enthusiastic and emphatic about everything she does. When she plays with toys, she plays with vigor, banging loudly and hurling things across the room. When she grabs your face, she has an iron grip and might leave a bruise. When she jumps or twists, she does it with such force that she'll launch herself into space if you don't hang on for dear life. If she's hungry, she will start sucking on my neck and eating fistfuls of my hair if I don't feed her fast enough. Oh how we love this girl!
Aaron. Not even 2 years old yet, and this amazing little boy already knows his ABCs. He knows the words to the song (as demonstrated in my last post) and can also complete his ABC puzzle all by himself, even when I hand him letters out of order and upside down. It's pretty incredible. He is also speaking in full sentences, including articles and pronouns, and he's even gotten the hang of verb tenses. I think he might be more articulate than I am. Along those lines, I've decided I need to start recording memorable quotes/moments. Some of the things that come out of Aaron's mouth are hysterical, and I have such a terrible memory I know I'll forget them if I don't write them down. So I'm going to start including those at the end of these monthly posts.
10/31: What's wrong with this picture?
11/2: Aaron is into building (and destroying) forts now
11/5: We just don't know what we would do without Dora!
11/9: The kids' first trip to Shedd Aquarium
11/9: Admiring the jellyfish exhibit
11/9: Jilly and the jellies (couldn't resist, sorry)
11/10: Don't be scared, kids. That's just Daddy with a mustache.
11/13: Bundle bear
11/14: Building castles
11/17: Swingin' in the rain
11/17: Jammy time
11/18: A close-up of Jill's rat tail, made up of four over-achieving hairs
11/22: It just doesn't get any better than this, folks
11/24: Choosy baby
11/24: Small group parties look very different than they did two years ago...
11/24: Close call on the thigh competition, but in the end Jill's "knee butts" earned her the gold.
11/25: "I want to read!"
11/26: Six months old and already wearing skimpy clothes and hanging out with thugs. We are in trouble!
-Aaron sneezed with a mouth full of food, spraying it all over the floor. As I crawled on my hands and knees to pick up the pieces of snotty food by hand, Aaron came over to me, patted my head encouragingly, and said, "Good cleaning Mommy!"
-A woman named Mioara cleans our house twice a month to help keep me sane. When she went into the bathroom with her cleaning supplies, Aaron called out: "Bye Meo-wawa! You're going poopy in da potty!" She blushed scarlet and came right back out, presumably to establish that she was NOT, in fact, planning to poop in the potty. But that didn't stop Aaron from repeating it a few more times for good measure.
-The other night after his bath, Aaron ran naked into the closet and shut the door. I started poking my fingers under the door to tickle his toes. Suddenly, I felt something wet and warm... Sigh. So as I wiped the pee off the floor and the back of the closet door with clorox wipes, Aaron sympathized: "Ew yuck Mommy! That's weally gwoss!" Gee thanks, buddy.

No comments:
Post a Comment