Jill. Sometime over the past month or so, Jill got the hang of full-on crawling. It's tough on those slippery hardwood floors, but she's a pro. She has also started pulling herself up on her crib and anything else she can get a good grip on. And now she's already got her sights on the next big thing...walking! She loves to stroll all over the house with the aid of Mom or Dad's hands, or her little push wagon. It won't be long before we have another toddler in the house! Her two top teeth have finally broken through, much to everyone's relief, and she's got a couple more bottom teeth emerging as well. She is such a curious and playful little girl. And she's smart too. It's amazing how well she can make herself understood through facial expressions and voice inflection. I've noticed that if Aaron gives her a little shove (as brothers tend to do) she lets out an especially loud wail, puts on an injured pout, and looks right at me as if to say, "See Mom? See what he did?" Even at this young age, she knows how to get her brother in trouble. Sneaky little bean!
Aaron. We have real conversations with Aaron now. He makes suggestions ("Shall we go and play with toys?"), identifies problems ("It's not working."), offers his opinion ("This food is sicy Mommy!" i.e., "spicy"), shows affection ("I love my sister!"), cracks jokes ("Fawt fawt fawt!"), and listens to directions ("I won't do it again Mommy!"). If he does something naughty, like shoving his sister (see above), he dutifully accepts that time-out is the natural consequence. After time-outs, I like to sit with him and make sure he understands what he did wrong. It usually goes something like this: "Aaron, what did we learn?" "No pushing Jill onto the floor and no hitting! Mommy, can I go say sorry to Jill?" "Um, of course!" Then he rushes off to give his sister a kiss (aww). Inevitably he shoves her again a few minutes later and we repeat the whole process...but that's not the point!
1/26: Basement picnic
1/30: Brushing Jill's cute little teeth before bedtime
2/1: Getting bundled up to face Chiberia
2/1: Scrunchy face
2/3: Peek-a-boo!
2/8: Roughhousing with his new buddy, Jimmy. Jimmy only spoke Chinese but that didn't stop these two boys from having a good time!
2/9: Aaron with my eyelash curler, proving that our kids really are watching everything we do. Gulp.
2/9: Champion crawler
2/9: No more medicine!
2/13: Such a helpful big brother
2/14: Happy Valentine's Day, Mom. Don't look at me!
2/15: Making play-dough with Oma
2/15: Posing with the finished product
2/15: Jill and her little buddies
2/15: Holding on for dear life
2/16: Havin' a snack
2/16: This boy loves his blankie
2/16: Havin' a snack
2/16: This boy loves his blankie
2/20: Sharing a moment with "Aboof" (his hoodie towel).
No idea where that name came from.
2/20: Aboof loves to tickle Aaron!
2/24: Happy little diner
2/25: I made a joke!
2/26: We know she's been pulling herself up for a week or two now -- usually we catch her standing up on the monitor but she plops back down before we come in the room. This is the first time I was able to capture it on camera!
2/26: Happy 9-month birthday to our sweet, smart, happy, adorable, cuddly, fuzzy-headed, pink-cheeked little Jilly girl!
-Aaron: "Daddy, I did a big poopy. Can you change my diaper?"
-Chris: "Whoah, I'm scared!"
-Aaron: "It's ok Daddy. It's just a big poopy!"
-Me: "I'm going to eat this whole piece of broccoli!"
-Aaron: "Mommy, eat it in small pieces."
-Me: "You're right. I need to eat it in small pieces, otherwise I might choke, right?"
-Aaron: "I don't want you to choke, Mommy! Please don't choke."
-Aaron: (Anytime he trips or bumps into something or comes even close to getting the most minor of injuries...) "Mommy, say 'is you ok?'"
-Me: "Are you ok?"
-Aaron: "Yes! I'm ok!"














No comments:
Post a Comment