There is a national movement right now to eliminate or reduce "Mom Guilt." Numerous blogs and articles encourage moms to have confidence in their decisions, take time for themselves, reject judgment, stand firm, lean in, etc.
My daughter has made it her personal mission to counteract that movement:
Transcript
Jill: "I cry [when you] leave me [in] nursery [at church]."
Me: "You cry if we leave you in nursery?"
Jill: "Uh huh."
Me: "But mommy always comes back!"
Jill: "Mommy leave me [in] nursery, I play blocks."
Me: "I said I'd be right back! And I came back, right?"
Jill: "No you didn't!"
Me: "I did! We left you in nursery and we came right back."
Jill: "You [said] 'right back.'"
Me: "Yeah, I came right back."
Jill: "Mommy always..."
Me: "Mommy always what?"
Jill: "Mommy always..."
Me: "Always what?"
Jill: "Mommy always comes back." (This is the mantra we've been repeating to help address Jill's separation anxiety.)
Me: "Mommy always comes back, that's right."
Jill: "Aaron comes back."
Aaaand cue the guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment