This Mother's Day was the best one yet. Chris let me sleep in and then go for a run while he made some french toast, my favorite breakfast. I got some great presents, including flowers, a new fitbit, and some homemade cards and projects from the kids:
Aaron's gift to me was thinking I'm 26.
Jill's gift to me was a very low bar for success.
Then we went on a family bike ride to the beach. It was a little chilly due to the wind, but that didn't stop the kids from having a blast digging in the sand.
Aaron had fun burying things and then trying to find them again (with varying levels of success).
Jill felt much warmer after she appropriated my jacket.
Danny met his celebrity crush.
And all three kids were even brave enough to splash their feet in the freezing cold water.
Who could ask for anything more?
My dinner dates.
This is what savoring the moment looks like.
Thanks, kiddos (and Chris), for a wonderful day. There's only one Mother's Day every year, but I am your mother every day of the year, and for that I am forever grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment