Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Should I Be Worried?

Jill brought home a stack of artwork from school today.  Should I be worried that it included not one, not two, not three, but four pictures of moms dying in lava?

She described this one as "a big stick man chasing a mom who is dying in lava."  Those circles in the bottom right corner?  Jill said those are her butt cheeks.  They fell off in the lava when she jumped in to save the mom.  Obviously.

This one is a monster and a mom dying in lava.

Another explosion of lava that kills a mom.  Jill said the black stuff is even hotter lava.

I'm not sure where the mom is in this picture.  I'm not even convinced that this one is really of a mom dying in lava, but by this point Jill was thoroughly enjoying my feigned dismay at her artistic expressions so she insisted it fit the theme somehow.

She swears that these are all generic moms, not me specifically.  But she also swears that if it was me she would jump in and save me from the lava (hence the burned-off butt cheeks).  So I'm not really sure what to think.  We were all dying of laughter, that's for sure.  No lava required.  And then Danny ran around the house yelling that he wanted me to die in lava.  The rewards of motherhood are infinite and immeasurable.

Also, if I do happen to expire in a pool of lava, you know who to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment