Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Eras Tour

We went to the Taylor Swift concert!  Somehow we stumbled into getting tickets and a parking spot, and when the big night arrived, Aaron, Jill, and I were ready with our special outfits and friendship bracelets (provided by our sweet Swiftie neighbor, Anna).





Meanwhile, Danny and Daddy (both of whom prefer golf over glitter) had a special father/son outing of their own.

But back to the concert...  Aaron, Jill, and I got downtown super early (because I was worried about traffic and crowds) so we had time to grab dinner beforehand.


Once our bellies were full, we headed over to the stadium to find our seats.  It was hot, hot, hot.  But thankfully the night cooled off as the sun went down. 



Taylor Swift sure does put on an amazing show!  So many cool costumes and sets, and everyone in the stadium received a light-up bracelet that changed colors depending on Taylor's outfit, etc.  It was amazing.  We were surrounded by Swifties singing their hearts out, dancing up a storm, and trading friendship bracelets.  It was quite the atmosphere!









I have no idea how T-Swift keeps her energy up for 3.5 hours of performing.  We were definitely flagging a couple hours in.  But there were enough slow songs mixed in that we could sit and rest every once in awhile.  And after I bought them a huge tub of popcorn, Aaron and Jill got their second wind.





Thank you for a truly electrifying experience, Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment