Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Scary Time

For the most part, we want this blog to be a chronicle of good and precious memories from our kids' lives.  But something scary happened last week that we feel the need to share here -- not only because it was an extremely emotional and challenging time for our family and it almost seems dishonest not to mention it, but also because we want to remember the outpouring of support and love we received from our incredible family and friends:

Early Tuesday morning, I was in our living room nursing Jill.  When we finished, I got up to take her back to the bedroom and after a few steps, I got dizzy and fainted.  I woke up on the floor with my sweet Jill screaming on the floor next to me.  It is a moment that will haunt me for the rest of my life.  Suffice it to say that we spent the next day and night in the hospital while Jill underwent a myriad of tests and scans to make sure she was ok.  It was a harrowing experience and Chris and I agree that neither of us has ever cried that much in our lives.  For my part, I was beside myself with guilt.  But thankfully, the end result is positive and our beautiful Jilly Bean is going to be just fine.  God must have sent a guardian angel to protect us when I fainted because we fell right on the carpet in between the coffee table and the TV console.  Just one foot to the left or right and the outcome might have been very different.

So we are grateful to God for protecting us in a weak moment.  And we are also so grateful to all of the friends and family that  reached out to us, prayed for us, took care of Aaron, sent flowers, and brought over meals.  We are so blessed to have such an amazing network of people in our lives and we couldn't be more grateful for all the love and support.

And now, to end on a positive note, here are two videos of our children being cute.  We love them so much and will never forget that every moment is precious and should never be taken for granted.

Jill chuckling in her sleep.

Aaron learned the Peanut Butter and Jelly Song!

No comments:

Post a Comment