Aaron. Aaron wants to do everything himself these days. If we do it for him, he wants us to undo it so that he can redo it. This applies to most things, although he does still ask us to carry him around on occasion ("hold me Mommy, hold me!") which is no easy task as he's growing like a weed. We have also moved into the questioning stage. I know some parents say this drives them crazy, but so far we think it's pretty funny. Whenever he asks a question ("What's the 'publican pawty, Mom?") we always try to answer him honestly, and it's hilarious to see him scrunch up his face in a confused frown when I explain that the Republican Party is "a political group that is traditionally more socially and fiscally conservative..." Hey buddy, you asked! But I have no doubt that he'll understand soon enough. He's obviously a genius. The other day he arranged the plastic poles from his fishing game on the floor and said, "Mom, it's a hexagon!" And it was. Chris and I were so proud but also a little scared because he might be smarter than we are by the time he's 5. He's growing up so fast! He has even started occasionally calling us Mom and Dad instead of Mommy and Daddy. Makes me a little sad because I know that "Mommies" kiss boo boos and give snuggles, while "Moms" generally just embarrass their kids in public. Sigh.
2/28: Girls are definitely allowed in this clubhouse
2/28: Oh now he wants to sit in his carseat!
3/1: Going for a ride
3/2: Cookin' up something special in their new kitchen from Oma
3/7: A little snow on the ground can't keep these kids from having fun

3/14: This is what he did when I told him to smile
(in his defense, he'd just had another procedure for his ingrown toenail;
I guess I wouldn't feel like smiling either)
3/14: This is what he did when I told him to smile
(in his defense, he'd just had another procedure for his ingrown toenail;
I guess I wouldn't feel like smiling either)
3/15: Couch potatoes
3/16: Jill shows us just what she thinks of having her picture taken
3/16: Recreating a more colorful Sears Tower
3/16: Trying out snow peas
3/22: Helping Opa lay tiles
3/22: Selfie with Oma
3/22: Oh, hey buddy!
3/24: Such a helpful big brother
3/25: About 2 seconds later, this hairclip was in her mouth
3/26: Trying on her new swimsuit on her 10-month birthday. Enough of this winter already, Jill is ready for the beach!
-Aaron: "Mom, I have an idea!"
-Me: "What is it?"
-Aaron: (proceeds to draw pictures in the air) "Let's draw a picture!"
-Me: "Great idea!"
-Aaron: "Mommy, can I have another idea?"
-Aaron: (deliberately throwing his fork on the ground) "Is that funny, Mommy?"
-Me: "No not really. That's making a mess."
-Aaron: (deliberately throwing his spoon on the ground) "Is it funny now, Mommy?"
-Me: "Aaron, where were you? Were you being mischievous?"
-Aaron: (with a sly smile) "I was in the corner pooping!"
-Aaron: (deliberately throwing his fork on the ground) "Is that funny, Mommy?"
-Me: "No not really. That's making a mess."
-Aaron: (deliberately throwing his spoon on the ground) "Is it funny now, Mommy?"
-Me: "Aaron, where were you? Were you being mischievous?"
-Aaron: (with a sly smile) "I was in the corner pooping!"












No comments:
Post a Comment