- She loves to run around naked after her bath, calling out "I nakey! I nakey!"
- When I sing to her at night, she sings along. And she picks up songs really quickly these days. She likes Twinkle Twinkle, Baby Mine, and On Top of Spaghetti.
- Her vocabulary is exploding. It's amazing. We're getting 3 and 4 word sentences already! Although, despite her ability to articulate some pretty complicated words, she still calls Aaron "Hye." Not sure why. But then again, he calls her "Jalla" so maybe it's a pet name. And it's pretty funny to hear her greet him: "Hi Hye!"
- Still very into books. A new favorite is the Richard Scarry books that have a lot to look at on each page. She particularly enjoys the one where she has to search for "goldbug" on each page. She has the location on each page memorized and she is so cute when she points to it triumphantly and shouts, "Bug! I see bug!"
- She is a total ham. She loves to play it up for an audience and make people laugh. She is also very good at exaggerating owies for extra attention...and to get her brother in trouble.
Aaron
- It's all about the poopy jokes right now. Anything mundane can become hysterically funny by substituting the word "poop." We've overheard him singing "The Wheels on the Poop", "The Farmer in the Poop", and, now that Christmas is around the corner, "Jingle Poop."
- It feels like we can pretty much talk to Aaron like he is an adult now. When he asks a question, we try to give him an honest answer. Sometimes I assume most of it goes over his head, but then he surprises me by repeating things later that I didn't think he understood.
- He is still very attached to his blankie. The only concern with this is that whenever he is holding blankie, he is usually also sucking his thumb. We've been warned by our pediatric dentist that this habit should be curbed by the time he turns four, so we've started restricting blankie to the house, and soon we will try to keep him/it in the bedroom. Baby steps!
- Next month my goal is to start potty training boot camp. I've tried everything else: charts, stickers, sweets, etc. Nothing has worked, and I don't think I can handle three kids in diapers. I've told Aaron that we will do potty training after his third birthday, and now every time I change his diaper he says, "Mommy, do we have to do a potty train?"
10/31: I never get sick of taking cute pictures of these two

10/31: I caught a big one!

11/8: Having a "blast" with the Museum of Science & Industry's ball blaster

11/8: Learning about engineering in MSI's reading area
Jill saw Aaron reclining on the couch with his book and she wanted SO badly to do the same thing, but she just couldn't quite make it work
Success! Well...almost.

11/8: Trying out MSI's farm equipment

11/8: Their favorite hiding place in the closet

11/10: Waiting to catch his sister at the bottom of the slide

11/14: All bundled up (and beautiful) in the cold

11/16: Anyone want some ice cream on a freezing cold November day? Anyone?
11/16: Aaron gives Jill a lesson in table manners

11/22: Snuggling with her new baby brother or sister

11/25: This is what happens when we won't let him watch more cartoons
12/14: Snuggle time with Dad

10/31: I caught a big one!

11/8: Having a "blast" with the Museum of Science & Industry's ball blaster

11/8: Learning about engineering in MSI's reading area

11/8: Trying out MSI's farm equipment
11/8: Their favorite hiding place in the closet

11/10: Waiting to catch his sister at the bottom of the slide

11/14: All bundled up (and beautiful) in the cold

11/16: Anyone want some ice cream on a freezing cold November day? Anyone?

11/22: Snuggling with her new baby brother or sister

11/25: This is what happens when we won't let him watch more cartoons
11/26: Getting prepared for D-day
11/29: Enjoying a rare warm(er) day
11/29: The climbing phase has begun
12/6: My sweet, sweet girl
12/12: Babies in their bellies
12/14: Snuggle time with Dad
QUOTE WALL/MEMORABLE MOMENTS
-Aaron: (opening up a York Peppermint Patty, which he refers to as a "YPP") "This isn't a YPP! It's a black PP!"
-Me: "Aaron what should we name the new baby?"
-Aaron: "Um, I don't know!"
-Me: "What name do you like?"
-Aaron turns his back to me, pushes his butt up against my arm, lets out a huge fart, and collapses into giggles.
-Daddy: "I guess we have a name!"
-Aaron (sitting on the potty and looking at his wrist): "Mommy, it says thirty minutes for me to go poopy, ok? So you can just wait."
-Aaron: (on the swings at the park) "Dirt in the taco!"
-Me: "Huh?"
-Aaron: "Dirt in the taco!"
-Me: "Where did you hear that??"
-Aaron: "From Nana! She used to say that when she was a baby."
-Aaron: (after filling his diaper) "Hey Jill, wanna come over here and smell me?"
-Daddy: "Aaron, we don't go pee in the bathtub. It's yucky and then you have to sit in it. If you have to go pee, just tell me and we'll go on the potty."
-Aaron: (shrugging his shoulders) "Sometimes I go pee in the potty, and sometimes I go pee in the bathtub!"
-Daddy: "No, Aaron. Don't pee in the bathtub, it's yucky."
-Aaron: (shrugging shoulders again and shaking his head with a mixed expression of remorse and resignation) "Sometimes..."
-Me: "Aaron what should we name the new baby?"
-Aaron: "Um, I don't know!"
-Me: "What name do you like?"
-Aaron turns his back to me, pushes his butt up against my arm, lets out a huge fart, and collapses into giggles.
-Daddy: "I guess we have a name!"
-Aaron (sitting on the potty and looking at his wrist): "Mommy, it says thirty minutes for me to go poopy, ok? So you can just wait."
-Aaron: (on the swings at the park) "Dirt in the taco!"
-Me: "Huh?"
-Aaron: "Dirt in the taco!"
-Me: "Where did you hear that??"
-Aaron: "From Nana! She used to say that when she was a baby."
-Aaron: (after filling his diaper) "Hey Jill, wanna come over here and smell me?"
-Daddy: "Aaron, we don't go pee in the bathtub. It's yucky and then you have to sit in it. If you have to go pee, just tell me and we'll go on the potty."
-Aaron: (shrugging his shoulders) "Sometimes I go pee in the potty, and sometimes I go pee in the bathtub!"
-Daddy: "No, Aaron. Don't pee in the bathtub, it's yucky."
-Aaron: (shrugging shoulders again and shaking his head with a mixed expression of remorse and resignation) "Sometimes..."

No comments:
Post a Comment