Friday, July 10, 2015

Daniel's Third Month

Aaron
  • Aaron has been potty trained since January and for the most part we've had very few accidents (except for that one time he pooped in his pants because he was having too much fun to take a potty break...).  However, we have had problems with night waking.  On average, he wakes up 1-3 times a night to go potty and he won't do it by himself (yet).  Usually he gets up quietly and comes to get us without waking his sister, but occasionally he wakes at a weird point in his sleep cycle and kind of freaks out.  On those occasions, he stands up on his bed and runs around in circles, screaming like a lunatic.  The first time I saw it, I seriously thought he was possessed.  Now I know he just really has to pee.
  • Still getting lots of thoughtful questions from this kid.  He absorbs everything like a sponge.  Recently he's been asking a lot about God: Does He have a sister?  Does He have toys?  Is He a part of our family?
  • He continues to love order and structure (just like his Mom).  He likes to build straight, symmetrical towers; collect green items and group them together; and line up all of his cars in a row.  (Incidentally, his sister loves to knock those towers down, snatch green toys and run away with them, and step on cars.)
  • I just registered Aaron for preschool!  He'll be starting in the Fall.  I am really excited for him because I think he is going to love school, but I can't believe he is growing up so quickly!
Jill
  • Jill continues to endear herself to everyone with her magnetic personality.  She leaves an impression on every person she meets.  I often have strangers stop me to tell me how adorable she is!
  • She is quite the chatterbox.  She loves to tell stories and will often recite language from her favorite bedtime stories verbatim.  At night, she'll sit in bed talking to herself about everything from Mickey Mouse to baby dolls to carrots.  It's super cute but sometimes it drives her brother crazy, especially when he's trying to sleep.  Pretty funny to suddenly hear Aaron shout on the monitor: "Jill be quiet!  I'm tired!"
  • She's been really into role playing lately.  Recently I let them watch Toy Story 2 so now she keeps telling us that she's Jessie and we're Woody.  Before, it was Elephant and Piggie (two characters in one of our favorite bedtime stories).  
Daniel
  • When Danny first wakes up and is really hungry, he gets pretty upset if he doesn't get fed immediately.  In fact, he gets so mad that his face alternates from open-mouth scream to pouty souplip and the resulting sound is "mehmehmehmeh" which...in my opinion...sounds an awful lot like mama.  
  • I will do anything in the world to hear his belly laugh.
  • Danny really likes being a part of the action.  He likes sitting up and looking at his brother and sister, and tolerates a lot of noise and chatter from them.
  • That said, he does not like to be scared.  When he is approached (or held) by someone he doesn't know, or a loud noise or strange facial expression startles him...look out.  He knows how to get his point across.  Good skill to have in this family!
6/12: Can I keep 'em, Mom?

6/12: Danny's first Cubs game!

6/14: Picnic at the zoo

6/14: You talkin' to me?

6/14: Three peas in a pod

6/18: Danny has since realized that his cries need to be a lot louder and less adorable if he wants us to come running instead of just videotaping him...

6/18: "I got so many monies!"

6/21: "Maniel" sitting up in his bumbo seat

6/21: Sweet snuggles with his big sis

6/21: Family portrait

6/21: Blowing out Nana's 70th birthday candles

6/22: Queens of the playground do not need pants

6/22: Cat's thought bubble: "Sigh, they're at it again!"

6/23: Where are the pina coladas?

6/26: Outgrowing the bouncy seat!

6/26: Let's master the balance bike first, buddy

6/26: At least someone loves the cat

6/26: Not exactly how bathtime is supposed to work

6/27: On top of the world!

6/29: Movie night!

6/29: His shirt says, "Hakuna Ma's Ta Tas"

7/1: Will he have blue eyes like his brother?

7/1: Lunch with Joseph!

7/2: Pretty good at staying in the lines!

7/4: Enjoying a warm beach day on the 4th of July

7/4: All the boys in red white and blue for the holiday

7/5: Morning Starbucks run with Daddy

7/5: Hey there!

7/5: Pool Day Part I: Daddy's in Charge

7/5: Pool Day Part II: Mommy Takes Over

7/6: Not so "Lil Dutch"

7/10: Somebunny loves you!

7/10: Happy three-month birthday sweet boy!  Can't believe there was ever a time when you weren't a part of our family.  We love you so much!

Quote Wall/Memorable Moments
-Aaron (at nap time): "Mommy, I will not stay in bed and rest!"
-Me: "Ok, well I guess you won't get a star on your chart today then."
-Aaron: "Mommy, I will stay in bed and rest."

-Jill (to Aaron): "I hit you and I bite you and I knock you over."
-Me: "Jill, it's not nice to do that to people."
-Aaron: "Jill, if you do that we'll have to give you to someone else."
-Me: "Who would you give her to?"
-Aaron: "To Joseph...(thoughtful pause followed by a look of revelation)...and then he can have a sister!"

-Aaron: "Is there a special door?"
-Me: "Huh?"
-Aaron: "Do you have a special door?"
-Me: "What do you mean?"
-Aaron: "Where the baby comes out of?"
-Me: "Ummm."
-Aaron: "How did the baby get out of your belly?"
...and so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment