Saturday, October 10, 2015

Daniel's Sixth Month

Aaron
  • Aaron loves preschool!  He has a wonderful teacher and some new friends in his class.  His favorite buddy right now is a girl named Josie.  His face lights up every time they see each other at drop off.  It's very sweet to see him embracing this new stage of life.
  • He has finally mastered the art of the scooter.  This kid is fast!  It's nice to have another transportation option for him since he doesn't really fit in the stroller anymore.  And thankfully, he is very responsible and always stops at the alleys and the streets so that we can hold hands while we cross.
  • He and Jill both get really into certain shows and movies.  Octonauts is still a fan favorite, and they are also into A Bug's Life and The Little Mermaid.  They love to sing the theme songs and pretend to be the characters.  When Aaron mounts his scooter, he often shouts, "Let's ride!" (a quote from A Bug's Life").  And when he is about to attempt a feat at the park, such as climbing up the slide or running up a ramp, he'll shout, "Octonauts, let's do this!"
Jill
  • We are deep in the throes of the terrible twos in our household.  This girl can throw a tantrum to end all tantrums!  She has determination, she has stamina, and man does she have a set of pipes that could wake the dead!  Thankfully, she returns to her sweet self fairly quickly once the storm has passed.  But she does tend to hold a toddler grudge: "Mommy, I wanted you to [fill in the blank] and you wouldn't so I cried!"
  • She loves to play the "why" game.  No matter what I say, she will ask why.  And no matter what I answer, she will ask why again.  "Jill put your shoes on."  "Why I gotta put my shoes on?"  "Because we're going outside."  "Why we going outside?"  "Because we're going to the park."  "Why we going to the park?"  "Because we want to." "Why we want to?"  "Because it's fun."  "Why it's fun?"  And so on and so forth.  At first I thought she was just really curious, but she noticed she how she gets the same mischievous little grin every time she gets me caught in the "why game" and I realized that she has been messing with me.  This girl is a handful, I tell ya!
  • As I mentioned above, she is very into The Little Mermaid.  She usually insists that she is Ariel, but sometimes she also wants to be Ursula...mostly so she can steal my voice when I'm telling her something she doesn't want to hear.
Daniel
  • Danny is still the happiest baby on the block.  It's not just that he laughs at everything and smiles every time you look at him, it's that twinkle that he always has in his eyes.  Can't help but squeeze him!
  • We've made a little bit of progress on the sleep front.  For the most part he is making it through the night without eating, although we still have to get up sometimes to give him the pacifier.  Fingers crossed that there is more sleep in everyone's future!
  • I just love to tickle this kid.  He lets out this deep belly laugh any time you squeeze or nuzzle one of his ticklish spots (which are pretty abundant).  He loves the anticipation too.  Most times he's already laughing before I even touch him!
  • He is fascinated by his big brother and sister.  Sometimes I don't even realizes he's watching them and then I hear him giggling from across the room at something they are doing.
9/11: Hanging out at the nature museum

9/11: I believe I can fly

9/12: We jammin'

9/12: A blowout in the bookstore

9/1: It's football season -- I formation!

9/13: Turtle races

9/13: Nothing like a bouncy house to keep the kids occupied

9/13: The baby corner

9/14: Most! Fun! EVER!!!!

9/16: Special Mommy-Aaron dinner

9/18: Is it just me, or is this guy growing up way too fast??

9/18: No boys allowed

9/18: All construction workers should wear jellies

9/19: Showing off her war wound after she face planted into the edge of a bench

9/19: Be verrrry careful

9/20: Digging in at a friend's birthday party

9/20: One of the birthday party favors was stamps...

9/21: Goin' for it

9/25: This is is a quintessential Jill facial expression.  It usually means she's in on the joke (even though sometimes she's the only one)

9/26: "Can we wide them?"

9/26: Wonder who he gets it from

9/26: Sure do love this girl

9/27: Holding hands

9/29: Working on those core muscles

9/30: Stinkerbell

10/1: The littles

10/2: Danny had everyone at the park smiling with his happy noises

10/3: I've been waiting a long time to be able to do this...

10/3: ...but Jill didn't wait too long to do this

10/4: Good times with good friends

10/5: Impromptu science lesson thanks to a dead bee on the sidewalk

10/5: Eat my dust!

10/5: Let's play!

10/7: He claims he doesn't need to nap anymore.  But we know better.

10/9: Special delivery!

10/10: Happy half birthday sweet Danny boy!

Quote Wall/Memorable Moments
-Aaron: "Hey Jill, how about we keep all our octonaut toys together and you can have one and I'll have three! Does that make sense??

-Me (to Jill on the swing): "Jill, are you pumping?"
-Jill: "No cuz my baby doesn't need any milk!"

-Aaron (at the park with Chris after I left to take Danny home for a nap): "Bye Mom!  I love that girl.  She's the bestest grown-up.  She's super mommy!"

-Jill: "You're not a poopy and Aaron's not a poopy and Danny's not a poopy and kitty's not a poopy...but Daddy's a poopy!"

-Aaron (during prayers): "...and thank you that I got to see Great Grandma before she died."

No comments:

Post a Comment