A couple of weeks ago, we decided to take the kids on a quick trip to Navy Pier after church to ride the Ferris wheel. Thankfully, the Ferris wheel has compartments that are completely enclosed (and air conditioned!) so I didn't have to worry about keeping three kids in an iron grip and could actually enjoy the ride.
On top of the world.
Me and my little men.
Beautiful people, beautiful view.
Since it was a hot day, we decided to check out the fountains on our way back to the car. But when you have three small children "checking out the fountains" doesn't mean admiring them from a distance...
They started off by just getting their feet wet.
Then they got a little bolder.
If you walk a perfect line between the spouts, you can still stay dry.
But it's hard to walk a perfect line, so sometimes you need a hand from your big sister...
...or a shove from your big brother.
At this point, I gave up on them staying completely dry, but was still hopeful that the damage wouldn't be too extensive.
I can't remember if they did this because they love each other, or because they were trying to get each other wet.
Oh right, they really do love each other.
I guess I would say this was the point when I realized they probably weren't going to stay dry.
My children are animals.
In her Sunday best.
Blocking the spouts with their butts.
In case you were wondering, I did not have any towels or dry clothes along.
Guess what he's doing.
By the time Chris brought the car around, the kids were soaked to the bone and had to dry off with Starbucks napkins and ride home in their carseats naked. Do we know how to keep it classy or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment