Saturday, June 17, 2017

School's Out

I can't believe the school year is over already.  Jill is officially moving on to Preschool-4, and Aaron is finished with preschool altogether!  Their last week of school was filled with programs, ceremonies, and fun activities, starting with Jill's end-of-the-year program and certificate ceremony on Monday.

Her class sang Peace Like a River, but I don't think the little boy standing next to her felt very peaceful.

I'm still not sure what she's actually "graduating" from, but I'll never miss a chance to cheer for my girl!

Done with Preschool-3!

Class picture.

Class hug.

Proud preschooler

And proud mommy.

Not too much longer before this little ladies' man gets to start preschool too!  Something tells me he'll fit right in.

The next day we got to watch Aaron's program and ceremony.  This one felt a little bit more like a real graduation since he is done with preschool and headed to Kindergarten next year!

I'll admit, I got a little choked up when he started singing about going to Kindergarten.

Lining up for their certificates.

It's official!

Grinning graduate.

Cookies and juice after the ceremony.

Posing with his amazing teacher, Ms. Berry.

So proud of our boy!

The next day, Wednesday, was Jill's last day of school.  She finished a bit earlier than Aaron since she only attends three days a week.  It was a bittersweet day because we had to say goodbye to Mrs. Stephens, who taught both Aaron and Jill, and who has been such an amazing influence on them both.  We will miss her!  But if we are still in the city a year from now, maybe we'll get to see her again when Danny starts preschool...

We love you Mrs. Stephens!

This is an collage of pictures that Mrs. Stephens put together to summarize Jill's preschool experience.  See why we love her?

The next day was a fun day for Aaron -- he got to go on a full-day field trip with his class to Lincoln Park Zoo!  I was a little nervous about it because I was unable to chaperone due to work.  But thankfully, his wonderful teacher's aide, Ms. Sanchez, alleviated my anxiety by texting me pictures of Aaron having a blast with his classmates.


The last day of the week was Aaron's last day of preschool.  He has had a wonderful time and has learned so much.  We have no doubt that he is ready to take on the challenges of Kindergarten next year!

One last picture with his teachers, Ms. Sanchez and Ms. Berry.

Goodbye preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment