Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Top Chef

The kids don't always love what I make for dinner.  I'm sure all moms deal with this, but it's a little demoralizing to work hard to prepare a nice dinner only to have everyone scrunch up their noses and moan about how it's the worst thing ever

So when Aaron declared that he wanted to prepare a "special recipe" for snacktime one day, I smugly thought he would get a taste of his own medicine.

His recipe?  Peanut butter, dried mangoes, and basil on a whole wheat bun.  Yummm.

Taste tester.

She loved it.

D was a little more skeptical.

Initially, I was shocked that my kids were even willing to try, much less enjoy, the tantalizing combo of peanut butter, dried mangoes, and basil.  You'll notice that I kept encouraging to take bite after bite, convinced that eventually the flavor would register and I would get the gagging reaction I was looking for.  But no.  

At least I came away from this experience with a better understanding of what I've been doing wrong: I've been cooking good food.  My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment