Tuesday, September 4, 2018

First Day of School

Another school year has begun!  We officially have a first grader, a kindergartener, and a preschooler.  Be still my heart.

Trying out our new morning routine.

Here we go!

Ready for Ms. Wallace's 1st grade class at Agassiz Elementary.

Ready for Ms. Szarnych's Kindergarten class at Agassiz Elementary.

Ready for Ms. Claudine's preschool class at Growing Seeds Preschool.

First day family photo.
   
Didn't take long for the shine to wear off...

One last pose in front of the Agassiz mural.

This may not be his school, but he owns it.

Aaron and Jill were excited to reconnect with old friends on the playground before lining up with their classes to head inside. Parents were allowed to come into the classrooms on the first day, so I came to help them get settled.  But in the end, I think that was more for my benefit than for theirs...

Alright Mom, I'm good!  See you later!

Me too Mom.  See ya!

After dropping Aaron and Jill off at Agassiz, Danny and I walked a couple blocks further to Growing Seeds Preschool.  I thought maybe he would need some extra hugs from Mom on his first day.

But then he saw the train table and it was like I wasn't even there...

After school, everyone was tired but generally positive about their first-day-of-school experience.  Aaron proclaimed that he knew was going to like first grade better than kindergarten, although he complained that Jill chased him around during recess.  Jill read a book about a kitty during reading workshop and dug in the dirt for worms during recess (when she wasn't chasing Aaron).  And Danny played with trains, sang the ABCs, and scraped up his knees at the playground.  Sounds like a good day to me!

Suffering through a hug from his sister at pickup.

Here are a few outtakes from our early morning photo shoot before school.  Some of these are just too cute to leave on the cutting room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment