Last night at bedtime, I told Danny that it would be the last time I'd see him when he was three. "The next time I kiss you, you'll be four!" I told him excitedly. I was trying to build up anticipation for his big day, but my efforts backfired miserably. He immediately burst into tears and sobbed for 10 minutes about how he wanted to stay three. Mom fail. I tried to recover by telling him all the reasons why it was cool to be four, but that didn't work. So I just promised him he was going to get lots of fun presents. That did the trick.
By morning, he seemed to have forgotten all about his birthday reservations. Maybe it was because I had the aforementioned presents waiting for him on the table:
Starting his birthday bright and early.
I always said my kids would never play with guns. Parenting is all about lowering your standards.
What could it be?
You can't see his face, but this storm trooper was grinning from ear to ear.
After a fun-filled day of star wars battles, we went out to dinner at Danny's restaurant of choice: Cheesie's! (yes, the same place where Aaron celebrated his birthday)
His official birthday party isn't until this weekend, but we still made a little celebration out of it.
Blowing out his candle.
How much of this can I shove in at once?
Then it was back home for his final birthday present.
There's going to be a lot of cosplay in our house after this.
Happy fourth birthday to our dearly beloved Danny boy. You complete us. Now please excuse me while I go sob for 10 minutes...
No comments:
Post a Comment