Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Skaters Get Stitches

Danny is a daredevil.  It started with his razor scooter, and then recently he convinced us to let him get a skateboard.  There are a number of skate parks near our house, and he is always begging for us to take him.  He loves to do jumps and tricks, and to watch "epic fail" videos on YouTube -- which are basically montages of guys falling off their scooters and skateboards.

I suppose it was only a matter of time until he had an epic fail of his own...

He fought the curb and the curb won.

He was so brave.  He just locked eyes with me the entire time the doctor was working, and didn't utter a single squeak.

 
All stitched up!

Skaters get stickers!

He came home to some very sweet cards from his brother and sister, who were excited to see him (and to examine his stitches).  Jill's card was quite elaborate.

"Dear: Danny Your one of the bravest kids I know.  I told Dad you were the 2 bravest and he asked me to name the firt bravest. and I could not find anyone.  I love you  Turn page..."

"...I saw a picer of you. and you look happy! Your so brave.  Love Jill"

Aaron's had some cool illustrations, which included helpful labels.

"I hope you feel better soon!  (spiker digging into ground; forgrip; fire)"

"Hope you feel better soon!"

If you think about it, it's actually pretty amazing no one has needed stitches before now.  In the end, I think our D enjoyed all of the attention and was pretty proud of his war wound...even if he is only the second bravest kid Jill knows...😂

No comments:

Post a Comment