Thursday, May 20, 2021

Baseball Bros

Last weekend, Aaron and Danny's teams played each other in baseball.  I was pretty nervous about sibling rivalry and ending up with at least one son in tears.  And it wasn't really a fair fight since Danny's team is mostly six-year-olds and Aaron's team is mostly nine-year-olds (don't ask me why they are in the same bracket because I still don't understand).   

I'm happy to report, however, that my fears were unfounded.  Aaron's team won, as expected, but it wasn't a blow-out and both boys played well.  Aaron got some great hits and a couple of good plays in the field, and Danny hit a pitched ball (as opposed to using the tee) for the first time all season...and then he did it again!

After the game, Aaron gave Danny the best compliment he could muster: "Wow, Danny.  Your team wasn't as bad as I thought."  Danny beamed in response and I breathed a sign of relief.  

Role-reversal at home plate.

Role-reversal at third base.

Good sportsmanship wins the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment