We visited a new state for spring break this year: New Mexico! We stayed in a little cabin in the snow near Red River, where we found various ways to entertain ourselves, some more constructive than others:
View from the loft.
Puzzle time.
I don't even know what's happening here.
Playing in the snow.
Hanging in the hot tub.
Parallel reading.
Trying the local cuisine.
Getting to know the neighbors.
We also spent a few days skiing in Taos to close out the ski season. The kids did great and we even tried some mogul runs as a family. Danny and Jill were pros, Daddy did pretty well, and Aaron and I hated every mogul. I think I was even skiing backward at one point, which was not intentional...or fun.
Finally, we explored the town of Taos for a day. To be honest, we didn't love it as much as everyone told us we would -- but that might have been a product of Covid. It seemed pretty deserted, many of the shops were closed, and it was very brown and dusty. But we found a candy store so the kids were happy!
We also found a tasty restaurant with good margaritas. So Mom and Dad were happy too.
Finally, we made a stop at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. The view was breathtaking, although Chris and the kids couldn't wait to get off because the height and the wind made them nervous. I appear to be the only person in our family who is not bothered by heights. It was kind of nice, actually, to feel like the brave one for once!
No comments:
Post a Comment