Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Golden Years

We just can't get over how lucky we are to have landed in Golden.  So many great friends, so many great activities, and so many more fun things to come.  It's too much for me to "blog" about, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.

💗💗💗

Endless play dates and birthday parties and sporting events and pool days and summer nights
































💗💗💗

Golden mom ski day at Winter Park


💗💗💗

Aces High with the Golden moms


💗💗💗

Golden Mills with the Golden moms


💗💗💗

Great Wolf Lodge with the Spichigers







💗💗💗

Western on Washington



💗💗💗

Moms' weekend in Buena Vista
(complete with private pool deck party surrounded by mountain views)







💗💗💗

Early-morning yoga at Red Rocks


💗💗💗

Renee's 40th Gatsby-themed birthday gala












💗💗💗

Andrew's 40th Jellystone camping birthday weekend










💗💗💗

To say we are grateful for this community would be the understatement of the century.  I gotta admit, I was pretty skeptical in the beginning.  It seemed like the world crumbled around us when we left Chicago.  Chris lost his job, we couldn't sell our old condo, the kids struggled to adjust, and I hated our new townhouse (have I admitted that yet on this blog?).  Fast forward three years and I can't imagine living anywhere else.  

Now if only I could take this newfound wisdom about waiting out the storm to see the rainbow and actually USE it the next time things get hard.  Hope springs eternal.  In the meantime, life sure is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment