Aaron
- Growing up faster than we can process, this boy is full of questions . I'd been warned that the questioning age was fast-approaching, but I didn't realize how impossible so many of the questions would be to answer! No, I don't know whether that little girl in the stroller over there has a daddy who goes to work. No, I don't know whether that little boy on the swings wants juice. And I have no idea why that balloon is green!
- He is getting more and more into imaginative play. He can entertain himself with his cars and his soldiers for quite some time now, and it's so sweet to watch.
- Aaron is definitely the self-proclaimed rule enforcer in our household. When he's in a good mood he'll tell Jill what to do in a chipper, upbeat voice (that sounds suspiciously like mine). When he's in a bad mood he'll give her a shove...
- God help us if this boy ever catches us making a mistake. He'll remind us that we were wrong 100 times over ("I was right, Mom! You said my blankie was upstairs but it wasn't! It was downstairs! I said it was downstairs! It was right!"). Can't imagine who he gets this incessant need to be right from...
Jill
- Jill has successfully moved into a room with Aaron, to make room for the new baby. Apart from the fact that she likes to talk loudly to herself in her crib and occasionally bangs her babies' plastic heads against the crib rails to bug her brother, she's a pretty good roommate!
- The other day she stuck her face in the cat's water bowl...I guess because she was thirsty?
- We just love her feisty and goofy spirit. She is a total ham -- loves to get a laugh. She also loves to push the envelope and flirt with the line between naughty and nice...and then scrunch up her adorable chubby cheeks in a huge smile as she knowingly stares you down and wordlessly asks you what you're going to do about it.
- Her favorite thing to do right now is to fake us out. For example, when it's time for dinner, I ask her whether she would like to climb up into her chair herself, or whether she would like Mommy to put her in. Her response: "Mommy put me in!" When I reach for her, she quickly runs away and says, "No myself!"
- Jill is quite the tattle tale, but she adds her own dramatic twist to it. She doesn't just tell us that "Aa-een kick me!" or "Aa-een hit me!" -- she will reenact the injustice she has suffered with plenty of exaggeration and a pained look on her face for effect.
2/13: Little monkeys
2/14: This is how a tall family spends its Valentine's Day
2/20: Anything to keep them quiet in the grocery store!
2/22: Singing to her dollies
3/8: Isn't winter supposed to be over by now? .
3/12: Special delivery
3/13: Hanging out with her BFF, Adah
3/14: St. Patty's Day, family style
3/14: Not. Amused.
3/15: Just call us the Von Trapps
3/15: Finally, some warmer weather!
3/15: Aaand we're stuck inside again.
3/15: Our version of "poolside" in March
3/25: Sillies at storytime
3/28: First time at the "theater"!
3/28: Summer is close, we can feel it!
3/29: Small group kiddo pile-up after church
3/29: Sibling reading hour
3/31: Another special delivery!
4/3: All ready for soccer practice!
4/8: Finally old enough to bounce themselves on the see-saw
4/8: Peek a boo!
Quote Wall/Memorable Moments
Jill: "Mommy! Aaron hurt me in my face!"
Aaron: "Jill! I didn't hurt you in your face I hurt you in your belly!"
A: "When am I a grown up?"
Me: "You're a grown up when you stop living with your Mommy and Daddy. When you are big, you'll get your own house, and then you will be a grown up!"
A: "You don't live with your Mommy?"
Me: "Nope, I don't live with Oma right?"
A: "But you can't go anywhere?"
Me: "Now I have my own house, so I won't go anywhere. You don't want me to go anywhere?"
A: "No because I need you here."
A: "When am I a grown up?"
Me: "You're a grown up when you stop living with your Mommy and Daddy. When you are big, you'll get your own house, and then you will be a grown up!"
A: "You don't live with your Mommy?"
Me: "Nope, I don't live with Oma right?"
A: "But you can't go anywhere?"
Me: "Now I have my own house, so I won't go anywhere. You don't want me to go anywhere?"
A: "No because I need you here."
Me: "What happened?"
Jill (crying): "Aaron hurt me!"
Me: "Aaron? What happened?"
Aaron: "Nothing!"
Me: "Then why is she crying?"
Aaron: "Because I didn't hit her!"
Aaron: "Mommy, Dora's son has a dog."
Me: "Oh?"
Aaron: "Yeah, it's a girl dog!"
Me: Oh really?"
Aaron: "Just like you!"
Me: "Uuuuuhhhmmm."
Chris (after Aaron pointed out a mistake he made): "I know, I was wrong. It's ok to be wrong sometimes, right?"
Aaron: "It's a little ok...but not very much."
Jill (loudly, during Easter service in church, after tearing one of the stickers in her nativity scene sticker set): "I broke Jesus!"
Aaron: "Mommy, Dora's son has a dog."
Me: "Oh?"
Aaron: "Yeah, it's a girl dog!"
Me: Oh really?"
Aaron: "Just like you!"
Me: "Uuuuuhhhmmm."
Chris (after Aaron pointed out a mistake he made): "I know, I was wrong. It's ok to be wrong sometimes, right?"
Aaron: "It's a little ok...but not very much."
Jill (loudly, during Easter service in church, after tearing one of the stickers in her nativity scene sticker set): "I broke Jesus!"



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment