Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Sharktooth Fairy

While Danny's shark teeth were super cute, I was also a bit concerned that they might lead to future dental issues.  So I called our pediatric dentist for advice.  I was told that, if they didn't come out on their own soon, we would likely need to bring him in to have them pulled...and that it might not be covered by insurance.  

Well, that was all the motivation Daddy needed.  He managed to talk Danny into letting him yank out both teeth on the same day.  

Bye bye shark teeth!

We were quite sure the (shark)tooth fairy would give extra credit for that level of bravery and determination.  But just in case, Danny left a note so she would know the full extent of his sacrifice.

No pressure or anything.

The tooth fairy was faced with the hard decision of how to reward one kid's extra effort without making two other kids feel left out, or raising expectations too high.  It's tough being a tooth fairy.

In the morning, Danny woke up to find his special reward: a personalized note, four $2 bills, and a handmade origami shark.  The note said: "Dear Danny, I've never told anyone this, but sharks are my favorite animal.  Double shark teeth equals double the reward . . . plus a special shark origami, just for you.  Congratulations on being so brave! Love, Tooth Fairy"

No comments:

Post a Comment