It's pretty hard to feel thankful after our country just elected the dumbest, stupidest, most insufferable person in the world to be president again. I considered writing a post about it, but then I realized...I already did. Stupid is as stupid does. And stupid just did it again. Sigh.
But even idiocracies celebrate holidays. So here are a few pics from our Thanksgiving trip back to the Midwest:
Exhausted by the long drive and all the stupidity (aka Nebraska).
I guess there are still things to be grateful for, like these sweet candy cousin canes...
...and cuddles
...and cocktails.
We are also thankful for lake time and (very dirty) puppies.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
'Murica.
Turkies eating turkey.
Holding their babies.
And finally, no trip to the Midwest would be complete without seeing Dora and her grandbabies.
It was good to see family, but the gray skies and bitter cold also reminded us of how lucky we are to live in Colorado. So we were thankful to get back home to blue skies, bright sunshine, and broncos/nuggets gear.

No comments:
Post a Comment