Thursday, May 23, 2013

Overdue

Well, another due date has come and gone.  Given the Vander Griends' reputation for being late, and the Broyles' tendency to procrastinate, I guess this should not come as a shock.  As uncomfortable as it is to be overdue with a large Dutch/German baby during a hot Chicago summer, and as anxious as we are to meet our new family member, Chris and I are trying to appreciate the calm before the storm, and to give Aaron plenty of attention in his final days as an only child.

Along those lines, here is a clip of family playtime in the basement.  At first, I thought I was just taping Aaron being funny on his scooter.  But I also managed to capture one of our favorite new things that Aaron does.  He says "deego" (i.e., "there you go") when he wants to give us something -- not just once, but repeatedly.  He gets quite insistent and emphatic about it.  Make no mistake: he is offering something and he wants you to take it!


Now, hopefully my next post will be about the arrival of the new baby...!

No comments:

Post a Comment